Start typing, then use the up and down arrows to select an option from the list
CRB Elective Course: “HR Essentials for Today’s Real Estate Company”
This one-of-a-kind course will help you navigate the legal risks related to employees and independent contractors. Brokers, owners and managers need to take great care to properly classify salespeople for federal and state law purposes, and to ensure compliance with the classification requirements of the applicable law. This course will help you understand, implement and maintain employee and independent contractor relationships while mitigating risk and limiting liability.
- Apply best practices to minimize risk and limit liability.
- Understand the interview process and the legal and illegal components.
- Understand how to classify workers as employees and independent contractors.
- Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate brokerage policies.
- Review which brokerage operation policies can be applied to independent contractors.
- Effectively and legally manage the independent contractor relationship.
- Understand the differences between exempt and non-exempt status and how to comply with labor laws.
- Understand the lawful best practices for terminating employees and independent contractors and how to avoid common mistakes.
- Understand key federal employment laws and how they apply to employees and independent contractors.
- Understand federal and state tax responsibilities and how they apply to employees and independent contractors.
- Understand the relationship between broker and salespeople; management and employees; and administrative functions and sales functions.
The content provider is the Real Estate Business Institute (REBI). REBI is an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®.Learn more at www.REBInstitute.com
Please check here to determine if you have
Product Expiration and Refund Policy
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Please visit our Commonly Asked Questions page to access our Refund Policy details.
Continuing Education Information
Not available for this course.