Start typing, then use the up and down arrows to select an option from the list
CRB Elective Course: “Managing a Multi-Generational Business”
For the first time in modern history, 4 generations — Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials — are working side by side and presenting new challenges for managers and their employees in the workplace. A definite lack of awareness exists among these four distinct generations. Typically, those of each generation feel they know best, better than those who came earlier, and certainly much better than the new kids on the block. This leads to management challenges and productivity issues.
But whether this multi-generational workplace feels happy and productive or challenging and stressful is, in large part, up to you: the boss. How should you relate to agents and employees of different age groups? How do you motivate someone much older or much younger than you? And finally: what can you do to encourage agents and employees of different generations to share their knowledge?
It is important to understand where each generation is coming from: When they were born, what factors influenced them growing up, what they value and what motivates them. But don’t make the mistake of thinking people are just their “generation.” Each group has its own distinct characteristics, values, and attitudes toward work, based on its generation’s life experiences. At first, the challenges of understanding how those from other generations think can be an obstacle that creates conflict and miscommunication. However, with a little discussion and understanding, organizations can capitalize on the value each group brings to the office.
This Course will help you bridge the generational gaps, building awareness that will lead to better hires, happier employees, stronger teams, and a healthier office / company. It helps participants understand what makes each generation unique, and how each adds its own perspective and value to the workplace.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the distinct differences between the generations and identify the similarities that they have in common.
- Appreciate their unique work styles and values.
- Understand the benefits of generational diversity and assess your business opportunities to reposition.
- Address motivational issues by understanding these generations more thoroughly.
- Decrease negative judgments and generational stereotyping.
- Understand the specific benefits that resonate with each generation when recruiting them into your organization.
- Understand that each generation requires different types of motivation, managing and recognition.
- Discover why good cross-generational management matters and how to head off conflict between generations.
- Recognize favored communication styles and effective learning styles for each generation.
- Discuss the positive attributes that each generation brings to the work environment.
- Learn how to mediate disputes and disagreement when the generations have conflict.
The content provider is the Real Estate Business Institute (REBI). REBI is an affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®.Learn more at www.REBInstitute.com
Please click here to determine if you have
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information
Not available for this course.