Start typing, then use the up and down arrows to select an option from the list
Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth Representing Investors and Becoming One Yourself
Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth Representing Investors and Becoming One Yourself covers the fundamentals of real estate investment that practitioners need to know to expand their business services. The one-day 6 hour course looks at how practitioners can adapt core real estate skills and learn new skills to serve clients who want to invest in single family homes, condos, townhomes, and small multifamily properties. You will learn how to work with investors as they goal set, plan, evaluate, and acquire properties as well as manage them. You will also learn how to “walk the talk” and become a real estate investor yourself.
The course is divided into six broad areas which each cover the following:
- Why Invest In Real Estate? - explains the rational about why it is smart to include investment as an objective and how to adapt one’s core business to it.
- How To Work With Investor Clients - use statistical data to find investors, help them meet their investment goals, and maintain a cadre of experts that both you and they need.
- Making The Purchase Decision - using comps and other real estate data (as well as their own personal criteria) to help the investor make the purchase decision, while maintaining the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and SEC Guidelines at the same time.
- Financing Options and Tax Issues - Helping clients find sources of financing, understanding how leverage will affect their investment position over time, and explaining the tax implications of different investment approaches.
- Owning The Property - Help investors understand the advantages and drawbacks of managing a property themselves, the details of the tenant–landlord relationship, and how to divest their portfolio of properties down the road.
- Investing as a Real Estate Professional - Learning how to apply the concepts presented in this course in an ethical and beneficial way, to build your own portfolio of investments.
The business service needs of real estate investors differ greatly from those of home buyers and sellers. Insight to how investors think, strategize, and plan is essential for growing this part of your business. Real estate professionals who want to capture a portion of the investment market need to recognize the differences and adapt their skill sets and broaden their knowledge base.
The content provider is the Center for Specialized REALTOR® Education (CSRE). CSRE is a wholly owned subsidiary of NAR.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information