Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource (SFR®)
Although historically low interest rates, pent up buyer demand, and tight inventory levels have resulted in price appreciation in many US markets, more than 5.3 million US homeowners still owe more than their homes are worth. If these homeowners need to sell, they may need to sell short, which underscores the ongoing demand for real estate professionals who know how to successfully navigate the short-sale transactions for seller and buyer clients. The Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource (SFR) certification gives you a framework for understanding how to direct distressed sellers with confidence and compassion.
How to earn SFR® certification:
- Successfully complete the one-day Short Sales and Foreclosures: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Know course
Successfully complete one of the following elective requirements:
- Webinars: View three one-hour webinars, free of charge
HAFA Short Sales: U.S. Treasury, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Programs Course (one-day, classroom only, find course availability at training4re.com)
- REO Properties: Responsibilities, Education, and Opportunities for Real Estate Professionals course
- HAFA Short Sales: U.S. Treasury, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Programs Course (one-day, classroom only, find course availability at training4re.com)
- Submit application and one-time application fee of $175
- Be a member in good standing in NAR (or NAR cooperating international association)
No annual certification dues (except for maintained membership in NAR).
For more information:
Short Sales and Foreclosures: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Know